Nov. 16th GMI

Finally rocked up at The Ghost Mountain Inn at about 21:20 last night having travelled from Birmingham via Vienna (unscheduled diversion), Dubai Copthorne Airport Hotel (unscheduled layover as a result of aforementioned Austrian diversion), Durban - 24 hours late and a drive through pouring rain: unscheduled.
It is now around 6am and I really should be asleep, but I have greeted this morning's rain and liberated a small frog from my bedroom.
I suspect it may have been a rain frog.
Only other identifiable wildlife to date is a giant African land snail, which I do have a picture of. It certainly looks considerably happier than I did last night.
And, to be fair, the view from my room's OK:

The rain did stop eventually. A full, windy day's drive in uMkhuze yielded:
Big 5 - 0
Little 5 - 1
Ugly 5 - 2
And quite a lot of birds.
White backed vultures - 1 (or more) of The Ugly 5
A giraffe bull showing off his ossicones
An impala ram posing for the camera. He wasn't the only one:
Hadeda ibis
Leopard tortoise making use of the rain
And a zebra crossing




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just pictures

Volunteering with Wildlife ACT - am I too old?

Final planning - November 4th