Weds 22nd: uMkhuze

Oh, good - migraine. And I can't find my dark glasses, so stuck in camp till it passed (which was about lunchtime).

Arrived on Monday to no Bushweb, but my own, unshared room! There are 3 of us: an American, an Argentinian and me, English. Plus Ben the monitor.

3 years ago, my friend Sina left a message on the blackboard. Guess what I found when I arrived:

It's bin abitot.
And the local ants have taken a liking to my ankles, despite liberal application of bug spray. Socks shall be deployed.

At some point before I leave, we'll be collaring a lioness. I promise pics. I  just hope it isn't the one who charged us yesterday. (It's OK; she's safely in the boma awaiting release. No danger.)

Mostly we've seen general antelope stuff but I missed cheetah on a kill this morning whilst trying to sleep off the migraine. We also caught a glimpse of 4 of the 5 dogs last night but they were in thick bush, so no photos yet.

I'll post birds on the upcoming Bird Nerd page. The Fig Forest bird walk was disappointing, but we did it at a stupid time of day when all the birds were hiding from the sun.

Other sightings  below (no locations for security reasons):
 Rhino cow and bull calf having a spa break
 Immature Nyala bull - just changing colour from brown to dark grey.
 Thirsty baboon
 Older, but still immature, nyala bull
 Mum - it's hot! Move over.
 Leopard tortoise, one of the little 5
 Cape buffalo - be very afraid
Collared lioness



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just pictures

Volunteering with Wildlife ACT - am I too old?

Final planning - November 4th